Alright everyone, below will outline the details of our first iteration for the PG book club. We’ll be collectively reading “Atomic Habits” by James Clear.
‘Tiny Changes, Remarkable Results
No matter your goals, Atomic Habits offers a proven framework for improving–every day. James Clear, one of the world’s leading experts on habit formation, reveals practical strategies that will teach you exactly how to form good habits, break bad ones, and master the tiny behaviors that lead to remarkable results.
If you’re having trouble changing your habits, the problem isn’t you. The problem is your system. Bad habits repeat themselves again and again not because you don’t want to change, but because you have the wrong system for change. You do not rise to the level of your goals. You fall to the level of your systems. Here, you’ll get a proven system that can take you to new heights.
Clear is known for his ability to distill complex topics into simple behaviors that can be easily applied to daily life and work. Here, he draws on the most proven ideas from biology, psychology, and neuroscience to create an easy-to-understand guide for making good habits inevitable and bad habits impossible. Along the way, readers will be inspired and entertained with true stories from Olympic gold medalists, award-winning artists, business leaders, life-saving physicians, and star comedians who have used the science of small habits to master their craft and vault to the top of their field.
Learn how to:
• make time for new habits (even when life gets crazy);
• overcome a lack of motivation and willpower;
• design your environment to make success easier;
• get back on track when you fall off course;
…and much more.
Atomic Habits will reshape the way you think about progress and success, and give you the tools and strategies you need to transform your habits–whether you are a team looking to win a championship, an organization hoping to redefine an industry, or simply an individual who wishes to quit smoking, lose weight, reduce stress, or achieve any other goal.’
A primary tenet of this book club is to promote free-flowing, thoughtful, and engaging conversation between a group of like-minded men & women striving to expand their intellectual capabilities and worldviews.
- We’ll be reading the entirity of Atomic Habits by our end of month meeting on Sunday, Febuary 27, 2022 at 3:00 PM PST *time is subject to change*
- Here’s a link to where you can find & buy the book: jamesclear.com
- Join our discord HERE. This will be the primary forum for having conversations in the ‘Book Club’ text chat throughout the month. As you progress through the book please share what quotes or exceprts have been impactful or enlightening to you and why.
- We don’t expect there to be an overage of people participating at the beginning, but if too many people start to express interest in joining the end of month meeting (also via Discord) we’ll send out a registrantion link.
- The end of month chat will last ~2-3 hours, depending on flow.
- We’ll open with a ~25-30 minute general discussion window to allow time for everyone to join, grab a drink, introduce themselves, and get talk flowing.
- Once we’re all situated we’ll review each chapter, highlight quotes, exceprts, or lessons, and have a final discussion about our primary takwaways. (Should take ~1.5-2 hours)
- From there we’ll segway into selecting our book of the month for March. We plan on collecting a suggestion from each one of you at the end of the call & input them into a randomized generator to get a final selection. We’ll communicate March’s book on 3/1/22. via a blog/ig post very smilar to this. (more refined, hopefully)
Firm handshakes. 🤝